SOME POST MIGHT HAVE NSFW TAG WITH IT. IF YOU ARE A MINOR, PLEASE REFRAIN YOURSELF FROM SEEING THE POST. I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE WITH ANY "LOSS OF FLUIDS" FROM YOU GUYS. KINDLY TO CLICK MY REVIEW AND OTHERS POST.

05 January 2014

Review - [Kaiyodo] Sci-Fi Revoltech No.49 Iron Man Mark XLII

Iron Man.... Iron Man.... a glorified version of Iron Man which never existed in Iron Man comic book timeline except in the Movie. FYI, the all the Iron Man movies didn't follow 100% from comic book materials but rather taking a lil bit here and there and combined in one movie, and its work. This time, I gonna do review on this figure, Iron Man Mark XLII a.k.a Mark 42. Produced by Kaiyodo under the Sci-Fi Revoltech label, this figure is the latest version of Iron Man in the trilogy. For the info on it you can see it here.

Without wasting much time, let us go for the review shall we?


The Box



A typical Revoltech style box contain all the informations, the poses, the accessories and who sculpted it. In this case, the sculptor is Watanabe Yuuki.

What Inside

 Standard positioning in the box. Nothing fancy.

 Aside of two close fist hands that already on the figure, you will get two pairs of open palm hand with one for blasting Repulsor and one for flight. And you got effects for Repulsor Blast.

 You got a standard Revoltech stand which is pretty useless since there is no hole on the figure to shove the joint on.

 A box that useful to keep all the joints, beam effects and hands

The Figure


The paint job look good, the details are top notch BUT the joint on the chest and abdomen are pretty loose. Wobbly around. I don't know about the other version of Iron Man, but I pretty sure I don't pay around USD60 and I got a pretty loose joint. However, I don't have problems with elbow and knee joints.


I don't have a stand for figures therefore I just use the given stand just to stabilized the figure from falling. However I pretty sure that this problem due to the fact that my background drop aren't flat enough for the figure to stand straight without tumbling.




 Try to replicate the pose in the movie.. didn't work that well LOL


 You wanna piece of me?


 Give my money back!



 Stay still! I'm gonna shoot you!




 The beam effect were light therefore no issue of heaviness for the figure.

 I try to fly but gravity stall me!!

 "Fly"~

 I'm really fly!!!! 

With big brother who doesn't do nothing except standing still.

Conclusion

The figure itself look good. I purchased it due to the fact that I can't afford Hot Toys version which is bigger and more realistic. I pre-ordered it since October and and pretty sure I got a cheaper price compared to the retail price that the shop put LOL. For the waist and abdomen weak joint issue, I pretty sure that the problem can be solve with an action figure stand, but sadly I can't afford it. The paint jobs on this figure are good, almost color accurate. I do like how the gold accent stands over the red compared to original color scheme. Playability on this figure is good but please don't do it roughly since I'm afraid that you might broke the joints. I recommended this figure for anyone who are fan of Iron Man (like me) or just want to complete the Revoltech Iron Man collection. (Some might not like the direction of the movie goes with the color scheme) *ahem* purist

Extra Shot

*using light box*



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...